We’re celebrating Fall with our first recipe–Pumpkin Pawps! These delicious doggy pawpcicles are a hit in our house and we love how versatile they are to add your favorite ingredients! It’s important to only feed in moderation according to your dog’s size (as with any treat) so as not to upset their tummy. We used our favorite silicone pawprint molds for today’s Pumpkin Pawps and highly recommend them!
1 c. Unsweetened Pumpkin Puree*
2 Ripe Bananas
1 tbsp. Chia Seeds
Choice of Fruit(s)
* Avoid using Pumpkin Pie blends as these mixtures are often too high in sugar and can contain dangerous additives.
1. Mash both bananas in a mixing bowl.
2. Add 1 cup of Unsweetened Pumpkin Puree to the mixing bowl and stir well.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of Chia Seeds and mix thoroughly.
4. Add your choice of fruit to the mix or in your mold.
5. Freeze until firm.
It’s as easy as that! We love quick and simple recipes, as well as versatile ones that can be customized multiple ways to fit your dog’s needs. We have a few more delicious treats (for us pawrents, too!) planned this season, so don’t forget to subscribe to the blog at the bottom of the page! What are your favorite Fall recipes?